The Filipino has made Menudo his very own dish, but you can also expect some variation in the recipe here and there. Menudo is a basic dish of meat and potato in a tomato based sauce is now served in as many ways as there are ingredients available to the adventurous cook.
Here is a recipe concocted by esteemed chef, Anton Abad and made the recipe more appetizing by using Lea & Perrins to make the dish tastier. Lea & Perrins has that unique tangy, sweet, spicy and sour flavor that makes any ordinary meat dish extraordinary.
Delicioso Menudo by Chef Anton Abad
½ kilo pork cubes (porkloin)
¼ kilo pork liver (cubed)
3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
80 grams onion (finely chopped)
1 piece Chorizo Bilbao
50 grams raisins
1 cup tomato Sauce
3 tbsp Lea Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
1 ½ cup pork stock
1 piece potato (cubed and Fried)
1 piece red and green pepper (cubed)
1 piece carrot (cubed)
2 strands fresh thyme
2 tbsp oil
Marinate pork with Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce.
1. Fry garlic and onion in oil. Add pork and sauté until meat is cooked.
2. Add chorizo bilbao and pork liver. Pour tomato sauce and pork stock.
3. Add potato, red and green pepper, raisins and carrots.
4. Simmer until pork and liver is cooked.
5. Add thyme and serve immediately.
For more recipes and culinary tips log on to www.leaperrinskitchen.com.ph.